Thursday, February 7, 2008

My Visit with Shabana Azmi

Today I had lunch with Shabana Azmi at her home. She treated me like a family member and showered me with oodles of love and affection. We spent a very pleasant afternoon together. As soon as I entered her home, she wanted to know the secret of my “trimness”. And insisted that I show her my work out. So I spent the first half hour ..as a exercise consultant, and we did crunches together on the floor. ..she is quite an impulsive lady !
After that we went straight to business. I showed her the Event and the smiles DVD on my portable DVD player. She was so impressed to see Ruhi and Scott Budman .

After that I asked her if she would Endorse HOH in our event if we provide her with a ticket ( incidentally , my good friend Suniti Dhindsa, who is the Northern Head of AIR INDIA, said she can sponsor a First CLASS Air India Ticket )
Her answer was… YES , I t would be an honor. I was very honest about our low over head and that we cannot provide 5 star accommodations. ..
Her answer to that was….. don’t worry, I can stay with any one,
I then offered my home and she readily agreed.
I went ahead and invited her to our HOH event without consulting the Board. I wanted to check the waters ! . … I don’t feel the Board should have a problem if every thing is FREE .
My friend Suniti will sponsor a First Class Air India Ticket and her living expenses in the Bay area will be ZERO cost .
I suggest we keep her for 2 days . One day we can have a very exclusive cocktail event and invite the High Flyers …and charge big money.
The other day , she can be with the regular crowd at our main event !
Again…this is just my 2 cents…. Nothing is final…. But these things have to be planned in advance. She has given me the email and phone number of her Travel Consultant , who books all her US tours.
I suggest that we decide on the date and BOOK her . Her only concern was ..not during Diwali. Lets decide on some dates and present it to her .
I did share this with Vikram and he thought this is an EXCELLENT idea . The theme of our future events should be …..Presenting a star HOH child and having a celebrity to endorse HOH.!
I was very touched , when she introduced me to her mom and praised HOH so…generously ! She insisted, I talk to Rahul Bose and promptly connected me to him on the phone. She was again…gushing about HOH ! She is quite an ICON in her own right and it is really good for HOH to have her …. as a celebrity ambassador . Hoh is truly blessed !
Shabana is planning to visit Mijwan with Nalini and Vikram. I connected her to Vikram Dutt on the phone and she was very impressed. She has kept his film and is going to show it to people ..Wow !
Her mother also showered me with so much love and affection. I shared my trip pictures with her.She compared me to her husband Kaifi Azmi….in her words…. I thought there was only ONE Kaifi Azmi in this world… I am so happy to meet another soul like my husband. I am so humbled by this compliment and THANK the Higher Power for giving me the strength to do HIS work with this A++ team! She literally adopted me as a daughter and wanted me to just stay with them…...but I had to leave since I am going to Akola …my final destination in my Project tour !

No comments: